Cargo | Navimag’s Terms and Conditions
- - The reservation system begins when the user requires a reservation of the marine transport. This can be done by phone, email or directly in our Offices or Shipping Terminals.
- - The process begins when the customer gets in touch with any of the previously mentioned channels and begins creating a Reservation, in accordance to the availability seen in our Sales System.
- To complete the Reservation the customer will be requested to give the date of the trip, the port or dock, his(her) ID number, the type of equipment, the type of cargo, weight, the length, the width and height of the equipment that will be transported.
- If the merchandise that will be shipped is considered dangerous, then the customer must have in written or by email the product’s characteristics and amount together with the ONU number that corresponds to the IMDG code.
- The reservation will immediately generate a reservation code. If the customer is not created on the system, then he only has to register his ID number, name, address, electronic mail and telephone number.
- Even though it is not necessary to give a down payment for the reservation, the customer should confirm it at least 48 hours after doing it.
- Usually the way to pay the services is in cash before shipping.
- However, all of the users that normally use this service can request an assessment to obtain a credit line with Navimag Ferries S.A.
- Once the customer has carried out the reservation process and he(she) has paid for the services, then he(she) must present himself(herself) at the respective Shipping Terminal 5 hours before it sails.
- The customer should indicate if the type of equipment is a smaller vehicle (car, pick-up truck or Station wagon) or a bigger vehicle of ro-ro cargo (truck, a flat semi-trailer, a van semi-trailer, machinery or other).
- The tariffs include the marine transport services, but not the costs of the port companies that they will apply for the transfer and weighing concepts or any other thing that has nothing to do with the sea transport or another that is not included in the service concepts that the company has defined, such as inserts that make up the sea transport service.
SUGGESTED SECURITY CONDITIONS
- Attachment points that the customer wants on the chassis of the transporting units in order to achieve a proper attachment of the equipment with the deck of the carrier with the lashings of the carrier.
- Support points where the customer wants to support it on the transport units, or trailer jacks to annul the effect of the spring packages and suspension systems.
- There should not be any defects that could affect the structural resistance.
- The braking system should be in good condition.
- The interior cargo should be properly stowed and tied.
- Any vehicle that is being shipped without a driver, the keys should be handed in after it is shipped, those that were received by the Terminal Staff and later handed into the ship to be stored on board and delivered at the unloading terminal.
- If the Chief of the Terminal or the Ship’s Captain thinks that there are irregularities with the transport unit, with the mechanical condition or with the interior cargo, the shipment of this cargo could be placed under conditional until they have been fixed.
- The transported cargo is covered with a P&I insurance that Navimag Ferries S.A. is responsible for. This insurance operates for all of the damage that was caused to the cargo by the ship. The policy states the conditions for this and it has a maximum amount that the Company is responsible for. If a customer requests a better insurance coverage with broader coverage than what was previously mentioned, he has the right to choose at the moment of paying for the reservation and/or before shipping. The customer must pay the additional amount to Navimag that this kind of insurance would imply.
THE PRESENTATION AT THE SHIPPING TERMINAL
- There will be parking spaces stacking mode available for the company for loading the shipment. In Puerto Montt and in Puerto Natales it is 24 hours before starting to load the ship and in Puerto Chacabuco starting from 8 hours before the work begins.
- The longest time that the equipment will remain at the terminal will be the exclusive responsibility and cost of the customer. The parking cost should be paid directly at the “Administration Office of the Local Port”.
- The Company requires that the LOAD be present 5 hours before the departure time of the ship.
- The equipment that has a reservation, and has arrived one hour after the presentation time at the terminal, will be conditional and the shipment will be subject to the Company’s availability and decision.
- Any vehicle that leaves the terminal after checking in, will automatically lose its reservation and will have to register itself once again at the terminal.
WEIGHT OF THE RO-RO CARGO
- The Company suggests respecting the regulation stated in Decree Num. 158 of the Transport and Telecommunications Ministry of 29/01/1980 which fixes the maximum weight of the vehicles that can circulate on the public roads. The transport units that exceed what is legally allowed will be subject to being objected for its shipping or will be charged additional rates.
- The cargo weight will be one of the determining factors for placing it on the stowage.
- In the terminals that have a Weighing Service, the vehicles will be previously weighed before being shipped.
MEASURES FOR THE RO-RO CARGO
- The Company suggests respecting the rules stated in the Res. Num. 001-95 of the Transport and Telecommunications Ministry on 03/01/1995 that states the maximum dimensions of the vehicles that can circulate on the public roads.
- The maximum width of the ro-ro cargo is 2.60 meters due to its exterior mirrors and support of the folding type. Vehicles that are wider than this must pay for a bigger space that will be used according to the charging table.
- The maximum height is 4.30 meters. Equipment that is higher than this can be shipped depending on the type of ship that is carrying out this service.
- The physical length of the vehicle is understood as the distance between its most outstanding points, including the cargo.
- For the trucks with ramps, the measurement is taken along the length of it put together, that is to say, just as it travels down the highway. For coupled trucks the sum of all the measurements is considered, without considering the nozzle.
- If there is any discrepancy between the measurements that have been paid for and reserved and the real measurements of the transported unit that were verified at the moment of loading, then it should be immediately paid for, and if it corresponds, charged to the customer’s bank account.
- If the real measurements of the transport unit is bigger than what was mentioned in the reservation, then it could eventually be objected at the moment of loading.
- The Company will decide on the shipping order, considering relative aspects of security, unloading priority, weight, cargo that requires special attention, etc.
- The customer that has made his(her) reservation with any of the determined channels and has paid within the 48 hours, and always one day before loading, will have Shipping Preference. This preference condition will be invalidated if it does con comply with the background information that was given in the reservation regarding the type of cargo (specially if it is of a dangerous nature), dimensions, weight of the equipment, or if it arrives at the shipping dock out of the stipulated time schedule.
SHIPMENT WITH DRIVERS
- The Company will consider and accept one driver and a companion per tractor vehicle due to the special facilities and tariffs that are determined for this purpose.
- The drivers will come on board as usual together with their vehicle, previously granted his passage.
- The drivers will be accommodated in beds that they have been designated to.
- There is a dining room in each ship to attend exclusively the drivers. The food services have a fixed schedule that should be respected.
SHIPPING LIVE ANIMALS
- Navimag requires that their users who are transporting cattle have an updated Certificate from SAG for transporting cattle per type, on any equipment that has this kind of cargo. An annual one in force.
- The equipment that has a two floor calf cargo, that show evidences of abnormalities, such as abnormal inclinations due to structural problems, the condition of the tires, the lack of rigid railings, etc., will be conditioned for shipping until these observations have been fixed.
- All of the cattle cargo equipment are required to have a foot rope and stairs so that the caretakers or the people in charge of the animals can have access and move around.
- The route to Puerto Natales requires that all the equipment that carries cattle should have an air ring to receive the grass the cattle will consume during the trip.
- The equipment with this kind of cargo will be located inside the ship to attend to the expected sailing conditions for the trip and in accordance to the final presentation.
- A Responsibility Exemption Certificate will be needed if the Terminal or the Ship thinks it is pertinent.
SHIPPING OF REFRIGERATED UNITS
- These units will have the possibility to connect to the ship’s electric power, if they have the right kind of connectors, and if they have been requested on time to the commercial department and the corresponding coordination has been done.
- For those units that have generators with internal fuel that are not connected to the ship’s electric power and set off an exaggerated amount of gases, the shipping might be conditioned to be stowed on deck on the outside and if this is not the case, it cannot be shipped until the excess of gases has been resolved.
CARGO SHIPMENT RESERVATION FOR CARGOS THAT ARE CATEGORIZED AS DANGEROUS
- The Company requires that with cargos like this, need to declare at the moment the space reservation is made, together with the ‘SECURITY DATA SHEET’ that the Official Chilean Standard NCh 2245 refers to and is part of the Transport Obligations according to the DL num 298 of the Transport and Telecommunications Ministry on November 25, 1004 and published in the Official Newspaper on February 11, 1995, which regulates the Dangerous Cargo Transport through the Streets and Roads. The purpose of this is to request on time the authorizations and special security measures for stacking, mobilizing and sea transporting for these kind of cargos.
- Before shipping, Navimag is going to verify that the information written on the SECURITY DATA SHEET is consistent with what is reported in the reservation list. It will also verify that the equipment or the cargo is properly contained, labeled and in good transporting conditions. The equipment or cargo that does not comply with what was previously mentioned or is not labeled or it has something abnormal, such as ruptures, filtrations, etc, will be rejected and will not be shipped.
- The cargo that has not been approved due to lack of documentation or data will be kept as conditional reservation until the regulating demands for transport are complied with.
- The passengers will have restricted access to the cargo dock while sailing. They must request the ship’s staff directly to get authorization with an accompanied access.
- The Company requests that alcoholic beverages for personal drinking not come aboard the ship.
- Once a person comes on board the ship he(she) will be under the complete authority that the law confers the ship’s Captain.
- It is strictly prohibited to bring drugs on board the ship for transport or for consuming.
- It is strictly prohibited to transport or ship stow-a-ways.
- To infringe on any of these dispositions, a complaint will be made and the infringers will be given over to the corresponding authorities by the ship’s Captain.